Friday 9 August 2013

My Absence and Return Explained...A Note on Spitfire and the Troubleshooters #5

I've been neglecting this blog for the last few months..I've started a new job and previous to that I had just finished my final exams... After that upheaval I went on a bender for a few months, with only my four-colour friends to balm my alcoholic headaches...Well , suprisingly enough a much maligned 80's gem from the doomed and much derided New Universe line reawakened my joy in this brand of ephemera... Drum roll please.. Spitfire and the Troubleshooters #5 February 1987. A little hidden gem picked up for the exorbitant sum of 50c. Here's the cover in all it's 80's glory. What drama, what characterisation, what action!!! Never let anyone keep ya away from a hidden treasure. Take comics as you find 'em, and don't let any half assed 'critics' steer you. Nuggets of gold are out there. Tell 'em Sparky sent you.                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment