Friday 13 July 2012

One to avoid....Justice League of America#227 June 1984



It's true that a good portion of any comic collection is absolute dross, and this issue of Justice League of America has to be one of the most boring, uninspired pieces of crap in my long boxes. This issue is the climax of the 'Fiat Lux' trilogy and features a generic looking Fu Manchu type, called imaginatively enough, Lord Claw and his dreadful looking winged dragons (see cover-left) The artwork is solid, if uninspired, by Chuck Patton and is written by Joey Cavalieri. The plot is as follows; the JLA defeat Lord Claw...It was the cover got me; the wave of bronze age nostalgia washed over me when I saw Black Canary's fishnets and the majestic Justice League of America Logo.A lot of the JLA issues from this era are fun and provide a not too taxing 20 minutes of escapism. But this issue had no characterization, weak generic plot, and stilted (even for the era) dialogue. I'm sorry I didn't spend the twenty or so minutes I spent with this issue cleaning underneath my cooker hood, it would have provided more entertainment value...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....


If anyone out there in the Geekosphere can point to any redeeming qualities in the comic, feel free to comment, I won't bite (hard..):-)

No comments:

Post a Comment